Cape Peninsula Pedal
- About 9 hours
Don’t just see the Cape Peninsula on your holiday; feel, hear, breathe, smell, taste and really experience it on the Cape Peninsula Pedal, a 60km (37mi) road cycle tour around the iconic Cape Peninsular. Cycle through the historic navy suburb of Simon's Town, visit the penguins at Boulders Beach and meander through the Cape Point Nature Reserve. A support vehicle allows you to determine how much of the route you’ll cycle, hop-on, hop-off style.
Good to know
- Minimum age 16 years
- Tours are weather Dependent.
- NB: Clients to ensure they are capable of cycling 10km over the course of a morning
- Client to be aware that bikes are road bicycles and not hybrid bicycles
- Fully guided tour – limited to maximum of 15 guests on a tour
- Racing bike and helmet rental
- Support vehicle/sag wagon
- Snack pack (including bottled water, choc & peanuts/raisins)
- Stop-off at Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
- Entry into Cape Peninsula National Park
- Wine tasting at Cape Point Vineyards
- Lunch Platter at Cape Point Vineyards
- Toll Fee’s
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any additional purchases made on the day
- Sun block
- Money for extra purchases along the way
- Comfy clothes suitable for weather
- Closed shoes ideal for cycling
An incredible day, filled with three separate wine tastings and a lovely lunch.
The guide clearly knew a lot about the region and was very nice.
Awesome, quaint coffee shop in the heart of Cape Town. Great coffee stop for a morning cycle! Friendly staff! A regular stop for me going forward.
Had a great experience out in Elgin with a super guide and fun time for all, highly recommended.
We had a great tour with Innocent and Linda. The guys are super friendly and welcoming. The bikes are good maintained. So I asume that they have changed them if I read older reviews.
I would recommend you to do this trip if you know how to bike! It is a little challenging for those who have never ride a bike before.
The boys gave a food explanation about making wine. However it would be nice to have heard about the process of making wine from a winemaker.
We did two separate outings with Bikes 'n Wines. The first was through Cape Peninsula park to the Cape of Good Hope. The second was a luxury tour through the Stellenbosch wine country. We loved both. Our guide, Abi, was with us for both trips. He was great! Told us a lot about the different areas and interesting facts about culture. We are amateur bikers so some of the hills in the wine country were a little challenging, but Abi helped us up those too. He was amazing. The views on both bike trips were great. We had so much fun and would definitely recommend them as a great way to see the Western Cape. Ask for Abi!
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.