Wildlife and Wine Photo Tour in The Winelands
- About 8 hours
This Photo Safari is designed for all those photographers that would like to learn how to take better wildlife photograph or even prepare themselves better for that once in a lifetime “bucket list African wildlife safari”.
We visit the Wildlife Sanctuary at Villiera Wine Farm, in the Stellenbosch Wine Region to photograph Springbuck, Kudu, Giraffe, Eland, Gemsbok, Black Wildebeest, Burchell’s Zebra and a variety of birds on a 2-3 hour private game drive with your own personal photo coach. During the game drive you will be shown various tips and techniques to take better photographs of wildlife.
A visit to the Cape Winelands is not complete without a wine tasting, and while you sample some of Viliera’s finest wines, your personal photo coach will give feedback on your photographs.
After lunch at a lovely bistro in the area, we visit the Drakenstein Lion Park, the only genuine lion sanctuary in the Western Cape with the largest lion population including rare white lions. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons it’s feeding time for the lions, and this offers great photographic opportunities for the keen photographer.
Good to know
- Suitable for photographers of all levels
- Transport from and to any accommodation in Cape Town and surrounding areas
- Your personal photo coach and qualified tour guide
- 2 to 3 hour private game drive on Villiera Wine Farm
- Wine tasting
- Feedback and critique of photographs
- Visit to Drakenstein Lion Park
- Close-up/ macro photography session at Butterfly World (time permitting and optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Camera with tele photo zoom lens
- Memory cards and spare batteries
- Warm clothes for the game drive.
- Hat and sun screen
- Appropriate shoes
No reviews yet
Medium Cancellation Policy
The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before arrival. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours days before arrival.
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.